Welcome to my travel blog! I’m Jessica Lynn and my passion is traveling. I have traveled to different countries of the world and seen much of the USA. I’m a California girl born and raised. I book all of my own trips and do all of my own research when I travel. I have created this blog to share my experiences, advice, and write about all my favorite adventures along the way. I hope you enjoy!
My passion for traveling started in 2007 when I truly had an epiphany. I was selling real estate and investments, and originating loans. At 19, I bought my first home and was commuting 3.5 hours per day to/from work. I worked so hard and invested heavily in real estate. Towards the end of this chapter I was working 12 hour days and Saturdays. This was all while most of my friends were away at college doing what they should be doing…having fun! I realized I had lost years to the work grind without having balance in my life. This bug came over me and I got itchy to see the world!
Traveling is a part of me now. If you ever have a conversation with me you will see my eyes come alive when I speak of my adventures. My travel style varies from trip to trip. I am happy camping in a tent on the beach but also love luxurious hotels. I like to say I’m a hippie in heels. My goal is to see as much of this world as I can while I’m here. I have a major case of Wanderlust!!
PS- I tend to like warm destinations so most of my bucket list is getting checked off while wearing a bikini. Here is my packed bikini bag (which is always carried on the plane because this bag simply CAN NOT get lost). 16 bikinis for a 16 day trip….totally reasonable! 😉
25 Facts About Me:
For those stumbling across my page, this quiz is a good way to get to know me better. 🙂
- How many countries have you vacationed to? 18 (two more planned and on the books)
- Favorite country you have vacationed to? So hard to choose but if I had to it would be Greece and Thailand…so far.
- Favorite travel research website? Tripadvisor…duh.
- Siblings? One younger brother.
- Tattoos? 3
- Nationality? Half Nicaraguan / half a mix of White, Spanish, and Indian.
- What are you afraid of? Heights, swimming in water where I can’t see below me, bees, and sharks.
- Three healthy habits? I workout four days per week for two hours per day, I brush my teeth five times per day, and I change my underwear every day. lol
- Favorite TV Show? Ballers. I was actually an extra on the season finale and had so much fun spending the day on set!
- Favorite subject in school? Business Law.
- What attracts you in love? Sense of humor, confidence, passion for traveling, and a guy who loves kids. Oh and you have to have stylish kicks. You can tell a lot by a guy’s shoes.
- Favorite cocktail? A skinny margarita on the rocks with salt with fresh jalepenos.
- Favorite movie? Indecent Proposal
- What makes you happy? Beer, my family, and traveling….not in that order.
- Worst habits? Overeating and back washing.
- Favorite meal? Crab feed, whole fried fish, and oysters with white wine.
- What is in your fridge? Like a gazillion condiments…mostly hot sauces.
- Favorite song? Wasting Time by Kid Rock.
- Pets? 1 dog and 2 snakes.
- Sports you played? Everything! I think I’m pretty athletic. Mostly cheerleading, dance, and softball. I played coed softball as an adult too! Our last season together we took home the championship. Booya!
- Five current goals? Loose 5 pounds, become a better photographer with all this expensive equipment I have invested in, travel more/spend less, buy my future retirement property in Tulum, Mexico, and grow this blog.
- 2018 New Year Resolution? To pack less for my vacations.
- Dream job? Supermodel, photographer for supermodels, and a teacher.
- Favorite music to see live? Reggae! Ya mon!
- How do you choose your travel destinations? If I’m planning the trip, I will never plan to go to a place I have already been to. I mostly plan around weather and what area of the world is best for the time of the year I can travel. I’m checking off my bucketlist of destinations as I go.